Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Who's Mimi?

From the very fact that I chose to use an alias on Blogger and on Facebook, I think everyone can get a sense of how I feel about creating an online persona. I never felt comfortable creating a profile on MySpace or Facebook and after this semester is over, I am most probably going to delete my profile on Facebook. I am not by nature a private person, but there is a difference between telling people you meet different details about yourself and writing details about yourself that anyone in the whole entire world can see. And even if they don't speak English, they can probably have it translated into their vernacular. I know that anyone who has an internet connection can read what I write, and I know that some people from this class will be reading what I write, and therefore I do write differently than if my writing was for the professor's eyes only. Being part of a global community is alittle bit if an awesome feeling. it's overwhelming to think that you can be effected or have an effect on someone who doesn't even live in your community. This is all new to me and is alittle out of my comfort zone, but this is tremendous power.

No comments: