Monday, February 4, 2008

Space Odyssey

When I first watch the clip, I was really lost to what this clip had to do with technology, violence and humans. It was pretty weird and kinda funny. Especially on how the apes interacted with that huge bar. But as I watched, I made the connection when the ape had the dinosaur bone and began banging repeatedly. So I figured that maybe it represented that even before we had all these high tech gadgets, when that ape first took the bone and used it violently against those other bones, I guess that was the beginning of technology used in a violent way. And because the ape used it to bang other bones than to maybe scratch its back or something. It shows that even before, our "nature" is to be violent. Im making that relation since science believes that we derive from apes. I personally dont really believe in violence coincides with technology all the time. I mean technology plays a part in violence. But thats not all technology contributed to.

No comments: