Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The "Virtual" Experience

Its definitely an interesting experience being a virtual entity on the web. Its a place where people can know a little about me and my personality without even meeting me face to face. A place where I can exchange information without speaking a word and become visible to others without actually being around them. Its amazing that I am able to connect with a person from halfway around the world and be able to exchange experiences of life with each other, not to mention conversate about the cultures we grew up in and talk about the people affecting our lives. Being part of a global community makes me feel more connected as to whats going on in the world. I am able to know whats happening to people in my "virtual" community and share in their happiness or empathize in their time of sorrow. To be a virtual persona means to share and express your view of life itself. You may be a happy go lucky type of person in which case many smiley faces and bright colors would be portrayed on your virtual page. You might be a more mellowed, hippish, meditative type, in which your page will be filled with crazy wacked out trippy colors and nature pics. Whatever the case may be, the salient attribute which sets you apart from others can be portrayed in a virtual world and shared with others, with which you can connect with others just like you. To me a virtual world is a place to express and connect.

No comments: