Monday, March 10, 2008

WOW- AIDS AWARENESS CAMPAIGN AD IN FRANCE

This image is part of an AIDS awareness campaign in France. It is a part of the scorpion ads. These images are dramatized in order to show the destructive affects AIDS has on humanity. This ad is shocking because it depicts a woman engaging in sexual intercourse with a spider, and a man having sex with a scorpion. When I first stumbled upon these images, my jaw hit the ground. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.  This is connected to having unprotected sex because these spiders and scorpions are poisonous to us and are deadly. The same goes for AIDS. Having unprotected sex may result in contacting the HIV virus, which develops into full-blown AIDS. The message in the ad pretty much sa
ys, if you're going to have unprotected sex, might as well have it with something deadly. I would say the ad works because the message definitely got through to me. 


No comments: