Sunday, March 9, 2008

Shocking Ad

Wow. What a shocking ad! The usage of the word "queer" is totally inappropriate. It represents the homosexual people, and by using the term in a Manhattan Mini Storage ad seems totally out of place. Not only is the man in the picture representing someone 'queer,' but the officials set him up in a pink shirt and with waxed eyebrows. I don't really understand the ad. I'm sure it's referring to some television show where 5 gay men are sent to reorganize somebody's pad, but regardless, it's pretty shocking. Again I'm not totally comprehending the "threat," but it's clear that publicity is getting way too comfortable with its subjects.

I have to also invite you guys to see this commercial that was actually aired on television. I thought it was a spoof, or some kind of Saturday Night Live skit. My mouth was wide agape!
Watch this!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=DqX7VxW3wL0

No comments: